“RECONNECTING & REVITALIZING: REDISCOVERING RESILIENCE”
WELL-BEING & MINDFULNESS RETREAT FOR WOMEN SURGEONS
The Need is Undeniable
- Nationally, the personal and organizational importance of physician well-being is in the spotlight. Over half of surgeons (and an even higher proportion of women surgeons) are experiencing some form of burnout or disengagement.
- Recapturing the health and personal satisfaction of surgeons is key to lasting engagement.
- Engagement of healthy surgeons is essential to high quality and sustainable patient care, health care organizations and community well-being.
- Women surgeons have already demonstrated that they ARE resilient – however, some of the past ways of coping don’t serve them well anymore; mindsets and skillsets need updating.
- Academic surgeons, in particular, have the opportunity to champion individual as well as systemic change in surgical culture to create sustainable well-being.
- There are few comprehensive well-being programs targeted to the unique needs of women physicians and the challenges of the surgical paradigm.
This Program is Different
Research-Based– Shaped by known collective challenges for surgeons, built on sound behavioral and well-being science, yet shaped by individual needs
Whole Person-Centered – Committed to identifying and activating all sources - intellectual, physical, emotional and spiritual – to create a systemic approach to well-being
Expert-Led – Facilitated by two nationally-recognized women coaches with expertise in working with surgeons and other “technical experts” using mindfulness and other cognitive behavioral approaches
Sustainability-Focused: Not just a retreat, but peer and coach supported “system” to maintain momentum for change
Principles Behind the Process
“Beyond Surviving to Thriving” – Reconnecting with purpose and using self awareness as a source of strength and opportunity for self management and healthier engagement with others
“Breaking the Cycle” – Examining “thinking” habits and external v. internal drivers; using a variety of mindfulness techniques to challenge unproductive mindsets
“Beyond Me to We” – Catalyzing individual energy and expertise to co-create, advocate for and lead targeted team and organizational changes “back home”
- Kickoff Retreat (CA) - 2.5 days/3 nights with the option to add R&R time at Multiversity before or after.
- Mini-Retreat (Boston) - 2 days/one night near ACS meetings
- Maximum Participants per Session: 16
- Group - Monthly learning and accountability calls for one year
- Individual - 12 hours of individualized coaching sessions
(Early bird discounts available):
- Kickoff Retreat Only: $3,000 per person (full) / $1800 per person (mini)
- Retreat plus Group Sustainability Support: $5500 (full) / $4200 (mini)
- Retreat plus Individual Sustainability Support – $7000 (full) / $5700 (mini)
- Multiversity Lodging/Meals/Resort Access – approx. $350/night private, $225/night share
- July 9-12, Santa Cruz, CA
- September 20-23, Santa Cruz, CA
- ACS Clinical Congress October 19-20 or 26-27, (mini-sessions). Boston
California - 1440 Multiversity in the Santa Cruz mountains - 45 mins to San Jose airport or 70 mins to SF airport), beautiful destination in the redwood forests outside of Silicon Valley
Boston - location TBD, generative location in close proximity to ACS Clinical Congress meetings
For more information or to set up an initial coaching call, please compelte